- Ph.D. in Industrial and System Engineering, University of Southern California, USA 2006
Thesis Title: Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows Integrating with Driver Learning
Research Advisor: Randolph W. Hall, Ph.D.
- M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Southern California, USA 2003
Research Advisor: Randolph W. Hall, Ph.D.
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, USA 1999
Research Advisor: David Rempel, Ph.D.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Cornell University, USA 1997
Honors, Magna Cum Laude
Skills Summary and Research Interests
- Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management, Automation, Computational Modeling, Simulation, Optimization, Vehicle Routing Problems with Time Windows, Mechanical Strengths and Analysis, Biomechanics, Technopeuneurship
- Science Technology and Innovation Policy, Human Resource Development, Science Diplomacy, International Policy Affairs
- 2016-2017 Institute of Field Robotics, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT)
– Smart Warehouse Management System (Optimization)
– Intelligent Building Management (in charge of developing optimization algorithm for automatic sequence control and business development)
– Smart Construction (in charge of data analytics and business development)
- 2015-2016 National Innovation Agency (NIA)
– Area-Based Innovation Development
- 2013-2015 National Science Technology and Innovation Policy Office
– Review and Analysis of S
– Borderless Science and Technology Development
– Science Diplomacy Policy and Development
- 2009-2013 School of Manufacturing Systems and Mechanical Engineering, SIIT
– Analyze the business processes for ERP software system development in Healthcare/Well-being business.
– Study HL7 standard for implementing in national healthcare.
– Developing e-learning course for NSTDA on the topic of Life Cycle Assessment
– Research on Logistics in Emergency Room
– Research on Optimization Algorithm for airline crew rostering and scheduling
– Research on Optimization Algorithm for aircraft routing and maintenance scheduling
– Research on a study on the needs for Logistics personals in hospitals in Thailand
– Research on national impact of Radio Frequency Identiﬁcation (RFID) technology implementation to enhance the information traceability in livestock logistics in Thailand
– Research on vehicle routing in logistics provider in Thailand
Research on vehicle dispatching in the maintenance service industry
Research on facility locations in a real application
Research on design of management information system of product standard
- 2006-2009 Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chiang Mai University.
Research on logistics of alternative energy e.g. biodiesel, biogas, biomass, etc.
Research on feasibility of alternative energy e.g. biodiesel, biogas, biomass, etc.
Research on Life Cycle Assessment of truck transportation in Thailand.
Research on piping model in biogas distribution.
Research on supply chain in textile industry.
Research on clean technology and developing lean production in electronic manufacturing with HANA Microelectronics Group
- 2000-2006 Graduate Research Assistant, University of Southern California.
Developed algorithm and tool to optimize a large-scale vehicle routing problem and time windows integrating driver learning in the problem, which is a NP-hard problem. Test and verify the robustness of the algorithm.
- 1999-2000 Graduate Research Assistant, University of Southern California.
Developed model for cellular based Dispatch Policies for Real-Time Vehicle Routing.
- 1997-1999 Graduate Research Assistant, University of California, Berkeley.
– Data Modeling for Hand Postures in the Working Environment.
– Modeled kinetic of flat foot in the ergonomic laboratory.
- 1998 Summer Intern, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California.
Collected and analyzed data for the Management of Advanced Compressed Air System Project.
- 1996-1997 Undergraduate Research Assistant, Cornell University.
Collected data for project “Hind limb Suspension results in diminished femoral growth in the rat”
- 2016-Present Lecturer at Institute of Field Robotics, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi
– Teaching Courses: Engineering Context, Technopeuneurship and New Venture Creation, Manufacturing and Automation
- 2015-2016 Department Manager, Department of Area-Based Innovation, National Innovation Agency
– Being responsible in creating a new policy to support new paradigm of innovation in aspect of mega infrastructure, city development, urban planning and people development. And developing a new strategies based on the area-based innovation concept including developing innovation/startup district system.
- 2014-2016 Adjunct Lecturer to the Design, Business & Technology Management Program (English Program) at Faculty of Architecture and Planning, Thammasat University.
– Teaching Courses: Engineering Mechanics, and Material for Design and Innovation.
- 2013-2015 Policy Specialist, Department of International Affair, National Science Technology and Innovation Policy Office
– A project manager to International Organization affairs, for example, UNCTAD and other UN bodies: Performs necessary tasks to complete the project, for example, coordination, facilitation and prepare information to the UNCTAD researcher team in Science Technology and Innovation Policy (STIP) Review Study and supports the actual implementation of the review. This STIP review report aims to diagnose and recommend specific capacity-building activities targeting various elements of the innovation system and environment that can be formulated, funded, as well as to strengthen policy-making and institutional capacities to harness science, technology and innovation for development in Thailand.
– A project manager to STI-UK collaboration in the Newton UK-TH Research and Innovation Partnership Fund Program (focused on Life Science and Innovation) under Science Diplomacy strategy: coordinates, compose a draft of MoU, co-organize a matching-fund project to support STI policy research collaboration among Thai and UK institutions
- 20012-2013 A Consultant to ETDA in analyzing HL7 Standard.
- 2009-2013 Lecturer at School of Manufacturing Systems and Mechanical Engineering Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT).
– Teaching Courses: Engineering Mechanics, Mechanics of Materials, Engineering Management, Instrument Laboratory, Senior Project advisor, M.S. and Ph.D. thesis advisor.
– Industrial and International Cooperation Committee: coordinating and building firm relationships between SIIT and the industries.
- 2006-2009 Lecturer at Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chiang Mai University.
– Teaching Courses: Statics, Mechanics of Solids, Engineering Laboratory, Thermodynamics II, Logistics Study in Energy Engineering, student project advisor.
– International Relations Committee: facilitate and promote the relationship between the department of Mechanical Engineering at Chiang Mai University and academic partners
– Promote and organize the events to recruit international students to join the International Program in department of Mechanical Engineering.
- 2005-2006 Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Southern California.
Quality Management for Engineers, Advanced Production Planning and Scheduling and Linear Programming and Extensions, Inventory Systems.
- 2004-2006 Lecturer at Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chiang Mai University.
Statics, Mechanics of Solids, Engineering Laboratory, Thermodynamics II
- 2000-2002 Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Southern California.
Introduction to Engineering Economics and Discrete Systems Simulation.
- 1998 Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of California at Berkeley.
Introduction to Finite Element Method.
- 1996 Graduate Teaching Assistant, Cornell University.
- Limlawan, Varis, Kasemsontitum, B.,Jeenanunta, C. (2014) “A hybrid particle swarm optimization and an improved heuristic algorithm for an airline crew rostering problem” Science Asia, 40, 456–462.
- Rogers, M.S., Barr, A.B., Kasemsontitum B., Rempel, D,M. (2008) “A three-dimensional anthropometric solid model of the hand based on landmark measurements” Ergonomics, 51(4), 511-526.
- Kasemsontitum, B., “A CASE STUDY OF ANT COLONY OPTIMIZATION FOR AIRLINE CREW ROSTERING” In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Recent Developments in Computer, Applied Sciences and Engineering, Febuary 2018
- Kasemsontitum, B., Tembundit, T., “Airport Service Vehicle Routing and Dispatching Policy: Case of Suvarnabhumi Airport” In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Industrial Management, August 2012, 186-191.
- Kasemsontitum, B. (2011) “A Case Study of Logistics Improvement in Healthcare Industry.” The 3rd International Conference on Logistics and Transport & the 4th International Conference on Operation and Supply Chain Management, Maldives, December 2011, 541-550.
- Limlawan. V., Kasemsontitum, B., Jeenanunta, C. (2011) “Airline Crew Rostering Problem Using Particle Swarm Optimization.” In Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Quality and Reliability Thailand, 501-505.
- Jeenanunta, C., Kasemsontitum, B., Noichawee, T. (2011) “A Multi-commodity Flow Approach for the Aircraft Routing and Maintenance Problem.” In Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Quality and Reliability, Thailand, 150-155.
- Kasemsontitum, B., Kasamesrirat, C., Raknganchang, P. and Chayakul, E., “Logistics Cost Optimization Model for Warehouse Allocation: A Case Study in Thailand.” In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Industrial Management (ICIM2010), 16-18 September 2010, China. 186-191
- Kasemsontitum, B. (2009) “Strategic planning for Logistics Activities of Biomass: Case study of rice husk collection in Chiang Mai, Thailand” The 10th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering & Management Systems Conference.
- Kasemsontitum B. (2009) “A case Study: Biomass Logistics Activities Planning for Rice Husk Collection in Chiang Mai” The 2nd International Conference on Green and Sustainable Innovation.
- Patcharin P., Tippayawong N., Kasemsontitum B. (2009) “Estimation of Economic Cost, Energy, and Environmental Impacts from Logistic Activities of Rice Husk Energy Utilization” The 5th Conference on Energy Network of Thailand.
- Rewlaiangan, J., Sampattakul, S., Kasemsontitum, B. (2007) “Life Cycle Assessment and Life Cycle Costing of Biodiesel from Used Vegetable Oil” The 2nd Thai LCA Workshop and Seminar.
- Navapanan, A., Sampattakul, S., Kasemsontitum, B., Sadamichi, Y., Kiatsiriroj, T. (2007)“ Analysis of Energy Consumption and Environmental Impacts of Mass Transportation in Chiang Mai City by Life Cycle Assessment Method” The 4th National Transportation Conference.
- Kasemsontitum, B. (2006) “Vehicle Routing with Time Windows and Driver Learning,” Ph.D. thesis, University of Southern California, USA.
- Thiengburanathum, P. & Kasemsontitum, B. (2004) “The Conceptual Framework of Non Customer Size Based Approach for Solving Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows.” IE Network Conference, Chiang Mai, Thailand, October 20–22.
- A Review of Science, Technology and Innovation Policy of Thailand. The study is to support the article “Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Review: Thailand”, UNCTAD, 2015
- A report on Science & Technology for Development in Thailand as a part of The 18th UN Commission on Science & Technology for Development, 2015, Geneva, Switzerland
- A Study and Design of Critical Measure for Technical Workforce Development in Eastern Economic Corridor: Robotics and Automation Sector (รายงานการศึกษาโครงการศึกษาและจัดทำมาตรการสำคัญภาครัฐเพื่อพัฒนาบุคลากรรองรับระเบียงเศรษฐกิจภาคตะวันออก ในหัวข้อบุคลากรด้านหุ่นยนต์และระบบอัตโนมัติ), 2017
Scholarship and Awards
- Thai government scholarship
- Dean’s List, 6 semesters, Cornell University.
- Tau Beta Pi Honor Society, Cornell University.
- President of Thai Student Association, University of Southern California, 2004-2005.
- Secretary of Thai Student Association, University of Southern California, 2003-2004.
- Treasurer of Thai Student Association, University of Southern California, 2002-2003.
- Secretary of Thai Student Association, Cornell University, 1995-1996.
- โทรศัพท์ +66 2 470 9717
- โทรสาร +66 2 470 9714
- E-mail email@example.com
- มือถือ +66 9 0976 5438